|Long description||With this service, we will easily migrate your users' home folders or file share content from file server(s) to OneDrive for Business.|
With this service, we will easily migrate your users' home folders or file share content from file server(s) to OneDrive for Business.
This service provides document migration from a file server to OneDrive for Business. Please note that OneDrive for Business must be the destination, not the personal (consumer) version of OneDrive.
Please check our OneDrive for Business -- Personal Document Migration service for migration from other platforms, like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
This service will allow you to transfer all the necessary files from the file server to the appropriate OneDrive accounts, taking advantage of cloud storage.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Obtaining information about the size of files to migrate, the list of users, and matching files to users
- Creating and configuring OneDrive accounts for users
- Preparing the server for data transfer
- Data transfer
- Providing informational messages for users
Client responsibilities #
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
Additional cost items not provided by this project #
- Customer team training (could be added as an additional service)
- Mailbox migration (could be added as an additional service)
- Desktop software settings changes
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including acceptance criteria matching, any outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- You must have an Azure AD (Microsoft 365) tenant, with OneDrive for Business licenses assigned to your users
- You must have admin access to the source file server
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Receiving the necessary data from the client
- OneDrive accounts preparation
- Pre-stage migration
- User notification
- Final migration
- Verification and fixing of issues
Success Criteria #
- Users can access documents from SharePoint Online with their desktop PCs, mobile phones, and tablets from any place, any time
- All documents have been transferred to OneDrive for Business