|We will migrate your Microsoft Teams structure and documents from one Microsoft 365 tenant to another Microsoft 365 tenant.
This is a service description for the Microsoft Teams migration service from one Microsoft 365 tenant to another. Usually, you will need this type of migration when a company merges or acquires another company, or you would like to migrate to a different geographic region.
Our objective is to plan, design, and migrate Microsoft Teams service from one Microsoft 365 tenant to a different Microsoft 365 tenant.
A migration project will be considered successful when Microsoft Teams data is migrated without loss of data within an agreed time frame and without downtime for users. What would be migrated:
- Teams and channels
- Files stored in Teams
- Channels inside Teams
- User membership information
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Identify data such as the team, channel, and the files contained in them in the source tenant
- Creation of appropriate team and channel structure in the destination tenant
- Transfer files stored in the team and channel to a new tenant
- Providing owner access to all Teams in destination tenant
Client responsibilities #
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules, if needed
- If Microsoft Team desktop clients are to be used for connectivity to Microsoft 365, reconfigure those clients
- Manage user membership in Teams
Outside the scope of this project (additional cost items) #
- Inform users about upcoming changes
- Desktop software settings
- You must have global admin level access to the source Microsoft 365 tenant
- You must have global admin level access to the destination Microsoft 365 tenant with Teams license available
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Determine source data
- Pre-stage migration
- Migration validation and access provision
- Final data migration
Success criteria #
Users can access the Microsoft Teams service in the destination tenant from their desktop PCs, mobile phones, and tablets from any place, any time. All the data (Teams, channels, and files) are migrated from the source tenant to the destination tenant without loss or downtime.