Back up your Physical or Virtual Server or Client using Azure Backupcategory by product: Microsoft Azure
category by type: Implementation
- Duration: 1hr;
- Price: $90 per machine;
- SKU: ITPWW110IMPOT;
We will back up (or protect) your physical or virtual server with Azure Backup. Azure Backup replaces your existing on-premises or off-site backup solution with a cloud-based solution that is reliable, secure, and cost-competitive.
- IT Partner responsibilities
- Client responsibilities:
- Additional cost items not provided by the project
- Success Criteria
- Azure Resource Manager-deployed VMs
- Classic VMs
- Standard storage VMs
- Premium storage VMs
- VMs running on Managed Disks
- VMs encrypted using Azure Disk Encryption, with BEK and KEK
- Application consistent backups of Windows VMs using VSS and Linux VMs using custom pre-snapshot and post-snapshot scripts
- Windows Server (or Windows computer) files and folders backed up to Azure using a Resource Manager deployment
Our objective is to provide backup and recovery for customer’s physical or virtual Server or Client using Azure Backup.
A Recovery Services vault is an entity that stores all the backups and recovery points that have been created over time. The storage replication option allows you to choose between geo-redundant storage and locally redundant storage. We will select a backup goal, set policies and define items to protect.
Once a backup policy has been deployed on the virtual machine, that does not mean the data has been backed up. We must also install the VM Agent on the virtual machine, physical server, or client.
The last step is to check how the backup and recovery work and fix any possible issues.
IT Partner responsibilities
- Define backup points and policy with the client
- Configure Azure Backup Cloud Service
- Install agents on the target systems
- Set up schedules and policies
- Verify the correct work of backup and recovery
- Perform test data recovery
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all network equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
Additional cost items not provided by the project
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including acceptance criteria matching, outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
May vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Definition of backup points and policy
- Preparing Azure Backup Vault
- Installing and configure backup agents
- Verification and fixing issues
- Backup points and policy are defined and configured
- Backup is working according to the policy settings
- Test data recovery is performed