|Long description||OneDrive file migration from one tenant to another, with minimal downtime for employees.|
Usually, you will need this type of migration when a company merges or acquires another company, or you would like to migrate to a different geographic region.
The process of data transmission is implemented in two stages -- first, we do the pre-stage migration and transfer all the files from one tenant to another; depending on the amount of data, it can take quite a long time. Employees can continue to work with their files from any device without noticing the transfer process.
At the second stage, employees will need to temporarily stop working with files at a predetermined time. At this point, we will implement the final transfer of data that has been changed since the first migration; this is a much smaller amount of information, and its transfer takes a short time, which results in a small period of non-working time for employees.
We use our own software for the data migration. This allows you to avoid data loss and errors during the transfer process.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Analyze the current use of OneDrive
- Provide usage report and migration plan
- Pre-stage data migration and result evaluation
- Final data migration
- Provide informational messages for users
Client responsibilities #
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Provide administrative access to the new and source tenants
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
Additional cost items not provided by this project #
- Configuration of workstations
- Customer team training
- Configuration of mobile devices
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including acceptance criteria matching, any outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- Office 365 tenant with appropriate OneDrive for Business license
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- OneDrive use analysis
- Preparation of the migration plan
- User notification
- Pre-stage data migration
- Final data migration
- Verification and fixing of issues
Success Criteria #
- All data is transferred to the appropriate OneDrive accounts in the new tenant in accordance with the migration plan
- OneDrive is available for desktop and mobile devices, as well as a web version