|Long description||This migration service will allow you to get all the benefits of the modern Microsoft Teams solution, which came to replace Skype For Business.|
Microsoft Teams is a multi-functional, cross-platform messenger for collaborative solutions of corporate tasks. Previously included only in the paid Microsoft 365 package, now Teams is also available for free use. Messenger is designed for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android platforms. It includes messaging, joint chats and conferences, file sharing, and co-editing.
The messenger has integration with Microsoft 365 and supports collaboration with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, and Power BI applications, as well as with third-party applications. Mobile versions of Teams for iOS and Android allow you to always be in touch with your team, sending and editing files remotely.
This migration occurs gradually in several stages, during which Teams and Skype for Business clients can work at the same time. This migration is suitable for large companies and with hybrid or cloud voice solutions.
You can also consider a one-time migration Skype for Business to Teams transition basic.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Analysis of the current Skype for Business solution
- Prepare a migration plan
- Provide information mail for users
- Staged client update process
- Break-fix support for Admin
Client responsibilities #
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Provide administrative access to Microsoft 365
- Configure all network equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
- End-user support
Additional cost items not provided by this project #
- Removing SfB from mobile devices (this will not happen automatically; users should remove the program themselves)
- User training to work with Teams
- Operating system updates
- PSTN integration and configuration
- Rollout Communication Plan development
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including evidence of matching acceptance criteria, outstanding issues, if any, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- Skype for Business is used in your organization
- For Windows operating systems -- Windows 7 SP1 and newer
- For Mac OS -- Mac 0S X 10 and newer
- For mobile devices -- Android 4.4 and newer; iOS 10.0 and newer
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Active SfB users and key individuals identified
- Prepare an update plan
- Plan and set up a collaborative work mode for SfB and Teams
- Client update on a test user group
- User notification
- Staged staff updating in small groups
- Verification and fixing of issues, if any
Success criteria #
- Employees have successfully switched to using Microsoft Teams and can log in to the program on their devices, as well as make audio and video calls (depending on the capabilities of the device); IM functionality, file transfer, and other features of Teams are also available
- The existing scheduled meetings are saved
- The existing integration with Cloud Phone System is saved