|Long description||Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a simple but very efficient way to increase account security.|
MFA technology adds a second factor during authorization. Using MFA, users will have to use an additional authorization element, such as receiving a code via SMS, phone call, or confirmation with the help of a mobile application. This technology significantly reduces the possibility of illegitimate use of the account; even if the attackers manage to learn the username and password, they will not be able to bypass the second confirmation factor.
We strongly recommend setting up this feature for all accounts.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Provide informational letters for users
- Analyze applications that use AD authorization and their ability to use MFA
- Enable policies of mandatory MFA usage
- Monitor MFA implementation results
Client responsibilities #
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Employees have to complete the MFA setup for their accounts on their own
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all network equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
Additional cost items not provided by the project #
- Informing users about upcoming changes
- Customer team training (could be added as an additional service)
- Desktop software settings
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including acceptance criteria matching, outstanding issues (if any), and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- Any Office 365 service
- Azure AD Premium or another subscription with the ability to use MFA
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Gathering information about applications that use Azure AD authorization
- Informing users
- Enabling the MFA usage policy
- Completing the MFA setup by users for their accounts
- Verification and fixing issues, if any
Success Criteria #
- MFA policy is enabled
- Users have completed a second authorization factor setup for their accounts