|Long description||If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8 on PCs in your organization and want to perform an update to Windows 10 without user interruption, we can provide this service and perform a manual remote upgrade during non-working hours, keeping all compatible applications and all user files.|
This service is provided for fewer than 25 PCs. If you need to upgrade more than 25 PCs, please see Automatically Upgrade to Windows 10 service.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Analyze the existing computers for compatibility with Windows 10
- Perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 with all the files and compatible applications already installed on the computers
- Solve problems in the update process or in case of failure
Client responsibilities #
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Provide remote access to all upgradable computers via RDP or TeamViewer
- Provide admin access rights to all upgradable computers
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all network equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
- Solve hardware problems
- Be prepared to provide an onsite person (with minimal technical skills) for assisting in case of problems that cannot be solved remotely
Additional cost items not provided by the project #
The following items are not provided by the project but may be necessary and should be considered with respect to the overall client objective.
- Support of any workstations running OS other than Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Firmware installation or BIOS configuration
- Training of end user teams
- An on-site technical specialist can be provided for $1900 per day, minimum 3 days.
- Any items not specifically mentioned in the scope of the project
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including evidence of matching acceptance criteria, outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
Downtime status Each upgraded computer will not work for at least two (2) hours; this time may increase, and depends on computer performance.
- You must have Windows 10 compatible computers and Windows 10 licenses (can be purchased through IT Partner).
- Each PC must have an Internet connection at a speed of at least 3 MBs
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Analysis of the existing workstations for compatibility with Windows 10
- Creating and coordinating the schedule of updates
- Updating computers
- Verification and fixing issues
Success Criteria #
- Windows 10 running on all workstations in accordance with the license
- All user files and compatibility applications remain in place