|Long description||Migrate your files from the local file server to SharePoint Online, keeping the folder structure and synchronizing all the files that have changed since the migration process started.|
We will migrate your files and documents from the local file server to SharePoint Online, keeping the folder structure and synchronizing all the files that have changed since the migration process started. We will provide a detailed report with a list of files that could not be migrated (access or permission issues, bad file name, etc.).
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Create the Document Migration Plan
- Inspect files and folders that will be migrated
- Prepare SharePoint Online environment
- Perform the migration
- Make sure the sync process is running so changed files are being migrated continuously
- Provide post-migration break-fix and support services
Client responsibilities #
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all network equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Establish a communication plan for end users
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete the work.
- Provide access to files that will be migrated
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS as required
- Assist with identification of high-risk users (top executives and VIP users)
- During the project, you must notify users that a migration is occurring. Throughout the process, they should not modify any documents because any modifications will not be included in the migration.
Additional cost items not provided by this project #
- Training of customer team (could be added as an additional service)
- Mail server migration (could be added as an additional service)
- Desktop software settings
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including evidence of matching acceptance criteria, outstanding issues, if any, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- You must have an Office 365 tenant with SharePoint Online licenses
- You must have admin access to SharePoint Online
- You must have a file server connected to the Internet
The plan may vary depending on your needs and data volume.
- Kickoff meeting
- Pre-stage data migration
- Verification of data migration
- Final data migration
- Post-migration tasks
Success criteria #
- Users can access documents from SharePoint Online on their desktop PCs, mobile phones, and tablets from any place, any time
- All documents have been successfully migrated to SharePoint Online