The single Office Volume License permits you to install/access Office in
- Install on a licensed device
- Install on a portable device
- Install on a network device
So if you have a device that is already licensed with Office, the
primary user of that device can install Office on their iPad without
needing an additional Office license. But if you don't already own the
license, purchase a single Office VL for that iPad.
This licensing info can be found in the Microsoft Product
- Customer may install any number of copies of the software on a
Licensed Device and on any Server dedicated to Customer's use for
each License it acquires.
- Unless Customer licenses the software as an Enterprise Product or on
a company-wide basis, it may also install the software on a single
portable device for use by the Primary User of the Licensed Device.
- Any number of users may use the software running on a Licensed
Device, but only one user may access and use the software at a time.
- Remote use of the software running on a Licensed Device is permitted
for the Primary User from any device or for any other user from
another Licensed Device.
- Remote use of the software running on a Server dedicated to
Customer's use is permitted for any user from a Licensed Device.