What is Windows Virtual Desktop?
Windows Virtual Desktop is the only service that delivers simplified management, a multi-session Windows 10 experience, optimizations for Office 365 ProPlus, and support for Windows Server Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and apps. With Windows Virtual Desktop, you can deploy and scale your Windows desktops and apps on Azure in minutes.
Windows Virtual Desktop allows employees to work in a secure manner wherever they are. Windows Virtual Desktop provides the Windows 10 desktop experience that employees are familiar with across a variety of devices or web browsers.
Key opportunities is:
- Set up a multi-session Windows 10 deployment that delivers a full Windows 10 with scalability
- Virtualize Office 365 ProPlus and optimize it to run in multi-user virtual scenarios
- Provide Windows 7 virtual desktops with free Extended Security Updates
- Bring your existing Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Windows Server desktops and apps to any computer
- Virtualize both desktops and apps
- Manage Windows 10, Windows Server, and Windows 7 desktops and apps with a unified management experience
In addition, the Windows Virtual Desktop client is available across Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and HTML 5. Windows Virtual Desktop is a service that gives users easy and secure access to their virtualized desktops and RemoteApps.