Our objective is to provide migration of physical and/or virtual machine(s) to the Azure Cloud. This project will be considered successful when physical and virtual servers are deployed and working stably in Azure.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Create a new recovery vault
- Start to prepare the infrastructure; this is done by choosing your protection goals -- to replicate machines to Azure from the source
- Prepare the Configuration Server
- Enable replication for the VMs; this is where you select the source environment that was set up previously, the target environment (such as the storage account) to replicate the VM, the destination virtual network, and a VM that has mobility service installed
After migration, virtual machines will be running in Azure. Depending on how you have your Azure environment set up, if you have a site-to-site VPN or an Azure ExpressRoute, and if we migrated the virtual machine to be in the virtual network associated with the VPN or ExpressRoute, you can then change your on-premises DNS settings to point to the new Azure private IP and connect to it. Provided that virtual machines have replicated successfully, we can then decommission on-premises or virtual servers.
Client responsibilities #
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed; provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete the work
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
Outside the scope of this project (additional cost items) #
- Network configuration
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues (if any), and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be provided for an additional fee.
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Define what we should migrate
- Start migration
- Final deployment
- Verify and fix issues, if any
You have modernized your infrastructure with the hybrid-cloud Azure-based solution.
Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive to OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online document migration service.