Windows Autopilot - Initial Setupcategory by product: Office 365
category by type: Implementation
- Duration: 3 weeks;
- Price: $1950;
- SKU: ITPWW290IMPOT;
We will plan, design and implement a Windows Autopilot – the future of device deployment designed to allow you to setup, pre-configure and repurpose the devices for your environment, with little or no infrastructure in place. You would be able to deploy Windows automatically, without an image, to PCs anywhere in the world at anytime.
- IT Partner responsibilities:
- Client responsibilities:
- Prerequisites :
- Additional cost items not provided by the project:
- Success criteria
Windows AutoPilot is a cloud-based deployment technology available in Windows 10. It allows to deploy and configure devices over the internet with no interaction as an administrator or IT-specialist. It is built on existing modern management technologies like Azure Active Directory and Mobile Device Management to manage and configure devices by their automatically enrolling in these solutions at their first bootup, right out of the box.Deployment of devices with Windows Autopilot enables a number of capabilities for the deployment process and configuration of the devices deployed. These features transform the way that devices are deployed by enabling customization of the first boot experience and providing automated configuration of deployed devices. Windows Autopilot also enables benefits from modern management solutions, such as:
- Presenting organization branding to users at the first prompt to log in via organization branding configured in AAD
- Automatic enrollment in Microsoft Intune or an alternate MDM solution with the configuration of automatic enrollment in AAD
- Device configuration, policies, and apps defined by Intune or an alternate MDM solution begin applying to a device immediately upon the first logon, setting up the device for the user to begin working with and using the device
Our objective is devices being configured and ready to work for your users without requiring reconfiguration of the devices, access to on-network resources, or even physical presence in your organization’s buildings or offices.
IT Partner responsibilities:
Please note: We do not require administrative access to the customers AAD or MDM environment to register devices.
- Kickoff Meeting.
- Creating a project plan and schedule.
- Communication with hardware provider to obtain the necessary information.
- One-time purchase or DaaS model.
- Collecting the hardware IDs from the existing devices.
- Configuration of Autopilot profiles and profile settings.
- User assignment to the specific Autopilot-enabled devices.
- Escalation of issues to Microsoft support, if needed.
- Client advice on implementation issues.
- Project Closure and Acceptance.
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner.
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules.
- Configure all network equipment, if necessary, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner.
- Request and approve all change management tickets (if available) in the Client environment.
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers as needed. Provide necessary remote and/or physical access to the facility and systems needed in order to complete the work.
- Unbox new devices, plug them in and turn them on, connect them to a wireless or wired network with internet access.
- Provide information about PC setup requirements and software requirements.
- Resolution of basic tickets which may be resolved by following end-user adoption instructions provided by Microsoft is the Client’s responsibility.
- End-user support
Windows Autopilot depends on specific capabilities available in Windows 10 and Azure Active Directory. It also requires an MDM service such as Microsoft Intune. These capabilities can be obtained through various editions and subscription programs.
To provide needed Azure Active Directory (automatic MDM enrollment and company branding features) and MDM functionality, one of the following is required:
** Microsoft 365 Business Premium subscription.
** Microsoft 365 F1 or F3 subscription.
** Microsoft 365 Academic A1, A3, or A5 subscription.
** Microsoft 365 Enterprise E3 or E5 subscription, which include all Windows 10, Office 365, and EM+S features (Azure AD and Intune).
** Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 or E5 subscription, which include all needed Azure AD and Intune features.
** Intune for Education subscription, which include all needed Azure AD and Intune features.
** Azure Active Directory Premium P1 or P2 and Microsoft Intune subscriptions (or an alternative MDM service).
- The devices used for Autopilot should be supported by Microsoft for Windows Autopilot.
- Windows 10 version 1809 or higher is required.
- The following editions are supported:
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 10 Pro Education
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
- Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Windows 10 Education.
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC.
- Network configuration must match the requirements listed on Microsoft Web Site – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/windows-autopilot/windows-autopilot-requirements-network
Additional cost items not provided by the project:
- Microsoft Intune implementation – please check this service: Microsoft Intune – Initial Setup.
- Migration of local documents and data from current devices (migration to OneDrive or SharePoint may be included additional to this project, if desired).
- Windows 10 upgrade is outside of the scope and could be performed as a separate project.
- Support for existing Windows 7 and Windows 8 devices.
- Installation of firmware on desktops or network hardware devices.
- End-user teams Training.
- The IT Partner team will perform all the work remotely. The on-site presence may be arranged by request and will be invoiced separately at the rate of $1,900 per business day.
- Hardware, software and Office 365/Azure subscription costs that may be required to complete this engagement are not included in this Statement of Work.
- Any items not specifically mentioned as in scope.
- Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of matching acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
Plan:The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting.
- Project schedule review and revisions.
- Planning and developing.
- Interaction with hardware provider.
- Collecting existing device information.
- Creating and managing Autopilot profiles.
- Test device deployment and lifecycle.
- Production deployment monitoring.
- Possible problem-solving.
- Providing the use case documentation.
- Implementation plan developed and approved.
- Client’s Office 365 tenant and Azure services configured to support Windows Autopilot functionality.
- Windows Autopilot can be used to deploy, repurpose, break-fix, and retire all the supported devices configured for the Autopilot service.
- One month of post-implementation consulting and support period started.