We can provide the following services during the website/web app migration:
- Automatic scaling up and down to meet demand in busy times and reduce costs during quiet times
- Automatic site backups to protect changes and data
- High availability and resilience of the Azure PaaS platform
- Deployment slots for development and staging environments, and testing of multiple site designs
- Load balancing and DDOS protection
- Traffic management to direct users to the closest geographic deployment
Our objective is to move your website from your web server to the Azure App Service. Migration will be considered successful when your web app/website works in Azure correctly and stably.
IT Partner's responsibilities #
IT Partner's responsibilities will depend on your choice of the above items and may include:
- Analyzing your web server installation, identifying which sites can be migrated to the App Service, and highlighting any elements that cannot be migrated or are unsupported on the platform
- Installing and configuring Web Apps Migration Assistant
- Migrating sites and databases from a remote server to Azure
The migration progress is clearly shown and we will see a summary screen at the end, which details the sites migrated and indicates if they were migrated successfully. It also provides links to the newly created Azure web apps.
Client responsibilities #
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed; provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete the work
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
Outside the scope of this project (additional cost items) #
- Website support
- Changes or modification of website/web app functionality
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues, if any, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be provided for an additional fee.
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Elaboration specification
- Start migration
- Final deployment
- Verify and fix issues, if any
You will have your website(s) in the Azure Cloud.
We will migrate your physical or virtual server to Microsoft Azure. Migration will entail copying an image from the machine and loading it into the cloud.
We will help you understand the pros and cons of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online, giving you information so you can decide when to use one or the other. We design, plan, and set up both environments and provide post-implementation support. We can also provide educational and training materials for your users to help with internal adoption.