Web site or web app migration to Azure App Servicecategory by product: Microsoft Azure
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 day;
- Price: $450;
- SKU: ITPWW270MIGOT;
This service is designed to migrate your web sites from your web servers to the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- IT Partner’s responsibilities
- Client responsibilities:
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
We can provide the following services during the website/web app migration.
- Automatic scaling up and down to meet demand in busy times and reduce costs during quiet times
- Automatic site backups to protect changes and data
- High availability and resilience of the Azure PaaS platform
- Deployment slots for development and staging environments, and testing of multiple site designs
- Load balancing and DDOS protection
- Traffic management to direct users to the closest geographic deployment
Our objective is to move your web site from your web server to the Azure App Service. Migration will be considered successful when your web app/website works in Azure correctly and stably.
IT Partner’s responsibilities
IT Partner’s responsibilities will depend on your choice of the above items and may include:
- Analyzing your web server installation, identifying which sites can be migrated to App Service, highlighting any elements that cannot be migrated or are unsupported on the platform
- Installing and configuring Web Apps Migration Assistant
- Migrating sites and databases from a remote server to Azure
The migration progress is clearly shown and we will see a summary screen at the end, which details the sites migrated and indicates if they were migrated successfully. It also provides links to the newly-created Azure web apps.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete work
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- Web site support
- Changes or modification of website/web app functionality
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a Project Closeout Report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be provided for an additional fee.
May vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Elaboration specification
- Start migration
- Final deployment
- Verify and fix issues
You will have your websites in the Azure Cloud.