User Home Folder Migration to One Drive for Businesscategory by product: SharePoint Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 week;
- Price: $150 + $5 per GB;
- SKU: ITPWW250MIGOT;
We will migrate files and documents stored in a user drive or folder on a File Server(s) to user’s folder on OneDrive for Business.
- IT Partner responsibilities
- Client responsibilities
- Additional cost items not provided by the project
- Success Criteria
We will migrate files and documents stored in a users’ drive or folders on a File Server(s) to users’ folders on OneDrive for Business. Please note that this service is applicable to personal file and document migration. See our service if you want to migrate company-related documents to SharePoint Online. Also, check if your personal files are scattered on different storage systems such as Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc.
Our objective is to migrate files and folders to OneDrive for Business.
IT Partner responsibilities
- Verify current domain configuration
- Verify current workstation configuration
- Provide informational messages for users
- Prepare the domain for OneDrive for business
- Configure redirection of work folders (Desktop, My Documents, Pictures and other) in OneDrive
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner.
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules.
- Assist with identification of high-risk users (top executives and VIP-users)
- Review OneDrive restrictions for file naming, file size, and file type, before deploying.
- If your users use the Documents folder as an installation location for some legacy applications, the applications may stop working after folder redirection. If your organization uses legacy applications that do not support folder redirection, be sure to check them before redirecting folders to OneDrive.
- If your users’ Documents folders contain items with a very high frequency of updates – such as databases, web servers, or Outlook OST files, we do not recommend redirecting these folders to OneDrive.
- Configure all network equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner.
Additional cost items not provided by the project
- Customer team training (could be added as an additional service)
- Email migration (could be added as an additional service)
- Consulting (could be added as an additional service)
- Desktop software settings
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including acceptance criteria matching, outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- You must have an Office 365 tenant with OneDrive for Business licenses.
- You must have admin access to users’ PCs
PlanThe plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Pre-migration source system health check
- User notification
- Domain preparation
- Configuration of OneDrive redirect settings
- Folder migration control
- Verification and fixing issues
- All users’ home folders have been migrated without data loss in an agreed time frame
- Users can access Exchange Online on their desktop PCs, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time