SharePoint Online - Tenant-to-Tenant Migrationcategory by product: SharePoint Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 week;
- Price: $500 per site ($1500 min);
- SKU: ITPWW340MIGOT;
Migration of content with design, structure and permissions from one SharePoint Online tenant to another.
- Client responsibility
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
As more organizations move to Office 365 during mergers and acquisitions, they need robust solutions to consolidate their SharePoint Online infrastructure and documents. We will help to migrate site collections, sites, lists and libraries with permissions and design.
Our objective is to migrate documents, sites and structure from one SharePoint tenant to another.
Project will be considered successful when all data has been moved from one tenant to another correctly in an agreed time-frame.
Our responsibilities. First, we check the source SharePoint Online tenant for compatibility with the new tenant and help fix any errors (if the destination tenant is not empty). In this type of merging, we use special tools that provide a set of features and flexible options to help us maintain data integrity, permission levels, version histories and metadata. We also use auditing and reporting tools to help plan, configure and granularly migrate content. We create the Document Migration project and add the items that will be migrated to the project. We then set the advanced project options and perform the migration. Upon completion of the project, we prevent users from inadvertently using older SharePoint libraries by decommissioning the Source SharePoint Online, libraries, or user accounts. After the process is done, we verify files and structure and perform post-migration tasks.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete work
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
- Assist with identification of high risk users (top executives and VIP-users)
- Designate a specialist who will provide useful information about content design and structure, someone who understands all business-processes inside your company
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- training of customer team (could be added as an additional service)
- users’ folder migration (could be added as an additional service)
- mail server migration (cloud be added as an additional service)
- consulting and development for SharePoint (cloud be added as an additional service)
- desktop software settings
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be done for an additional fee.
- You must have an Office 365 tenant with SharePoint Online licenses.
- You must have admin access to your SharePoint Online.
- Plan site(s) structure and permission for SharePoint Online
PlanMay vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Pre-migration source system health check
- Start data migration
- Verify data migration
- Post-migration tasks
- Users are able to access documents from SharePoint Online with their desktop PCs, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time
- All necessary rules created and working