Exchange Online - PST file Migrationcategory by product: Exchange Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 week;
- Price: $300 + $20 per file;
- SKU: ITPWW160MIGOT;
You may have collected hundreds or thousands of .pst files over the years scattered around users’ computers, shared folders, and USB drives. We will help you find, collect and migrate these files to Exchange Online so that you can forget about archiving to .pst forever.
- IT Partner responsibilities
- Client responsibilities
- Additional cost items not provided by the project
- Success Criteria
We perform an Outlook .pst file migration to Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online). Importing .pst files to user mailboxes is one way to migrate your organization’s email, tasks, calendars and contacts to Office 365.
We have two possible ways to import .pst files to Office 365. The first way is to upload the data files over the network to temporary storage in the Microsoft cloud. The second way is to copy the .pst files to a hard drive with BitLocker encryption and then physically ship the drive to Microsoft.
Export and collection of .pst files can be performed either by IT Partner or the Client, upon agreement.
IT Partner responsibilities
- Hold a kickoff meeting to exchange contact information, plan key steps and discuss the project.
- Prepare .pst files for downloading in the selected way
- Provide new Exchange Online mailboxes by creating Office 365 user accounts and assigning Exchange Online user licenses
- Add and validate email domain(s) to Office 365
- Start a migration batch
- Provide a report with the number of mailboxes that were successfully migrated, and that cannot be migrated, if any
- Set up incremental mailbox synchronization to receive any emails sent after the start of the main synchronization
- Resolve any migration issues and errors to ensure that all mailboxes have been successfully migrated
- Change DNS settings and control their applying
- Monitor health and status of the destination Exchange Online environment to make sure the migration process is correct
- Export and collect .pst files (may be performed either by IT Partner or the Client, upon agreement)
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all network equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide the authorization data necessary to complete the migration.
- Ensure that contacts and calendars are exported to .pst files (if the export was performed by the Client)
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
- Assist with identification of high-risk users (top executives and VIP-users, users with 50 GB mailboxes or larger and/or 30 GB deleted folders or larger)
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
Additional cost items not provided by the project
- Customer team training (could be added as an additional service)
- Desktop software settings
- End-user support
Upon completion of the engagement, we will provide a Project Closeout Report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of matching acceptance criteria, outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you want more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
PlanThe plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Accounts, mailboxes setup and license assignment
- Preparing .pst files for download
- Data import from .pst files
- Changing MX record to Exchange Online.
- Post-migration tasks
- Users can access Exchange Online on their desktop PC’s, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time
- .pst files content is uploaded to the appropriate mailboxes in Exchange Online
- All necessary transport rules are created and working
- Emails can be sent and received using Exchange Online
- Exchange Online Protection is configured and working