OneDrive for Business - Personal Document Migration from File Servercategory by product: SharePoint Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 3 days;
- Price: $25 per user;
- SKU: ITPWW350MIGOT;
With this service we will easily migrate your user’s home folders or file share content from File Server(s) to OneDrive for Business.
- Client responsibilities
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
This service provides document migration from a File Server to OneDrive for Business. Please note, the destination must be OneDrive for Business, not the personal (consumer) version of OneDrive.
Please check our OneDrive for Business – Personal Document Migration service for migration from other platforms, like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
Our objective is to migrate all the files of the supported formats from the User folder on a local File Server to OneDrive for Business account of the same user.
Migration will be considered successful when all documents have been transferred to OneDrive for Business.
Our responsibilities. OneDrive for Business has certain limitations. It is advisable to be aware of these limitations before migrating. We will identify and help to fix errors. We will then create the Document Migration project and add the accounts (items) that will be migrated to the project. The next step is performing the migration. During the project, we can notify users that a migration is occurring. Throughout the process, they should not modify any documents in their accounts because any modifications will not be included in the migration. After verifying data and completing migration tasks, we prevent users from inadvertently logging in and using their user accounts by decommissioning the accounts or changing their passwords.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules.
- Configure all networking equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete work.
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required.
- Assist with identification of high risk users (top executives and VIP-users).
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- Training of customer teams (could be added as an additional service).
- Mailbox migration (could be added as an additional service).
- Changing the desktop software settings.
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be done for an additional fee.
- You must have an Azure AD (Office 365) tenant with OneDrive for Business licenses assigned to your users.
- You must have admin access to your source and destination systems.
May vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Pre-migration source system health check
- Start data migration
- Verify data migration
- Final Post-migration tasks
- Users are able to access documents from SharePoint Online with their desktop PCs, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time.
- All necessary rules created and working.