Occasionally, a customer needs a migration inside the Office 365 cloud platform. For example, if one company acquires another company and both are using Office 365, there may be many reasons to start merging.
Our objective is to provide planning, design, and migration of email service from one Office 365 tenant to another.
This service is an advanced migration with additional service that avoids bounced emails, NDR, or any downtime for incoming mail. During domain transferring between tenants, there may be delays in mail receipt for about 3-5 minutes, which depends on the volume of incoming emails.
If short-term downtime and the possibility of losing some emails is acceptable to you, please see another service we offer, Office 365 Tenant-to-Tenant Cutover Email Migration
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Export resources (mailbox-enabled users, contacts, groups, etc.) from the source tenant
- Import resources to the destination tenant via AD Connect or CSV import
- Do pre-stage migration (only emails and email folders older than 30 days)
- Proxy services setup, which allows receiving all incoming emails during a domain transfer
- Final mailbox migration with calendars, contacts, rules, and other data
- Change records in domain zones to accommodate migration needs
Client responsibilities #
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all network equipment, such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- If Microsoft Outlook or other desktop email clients are used to connect to Office 365, deploy email software on client workstations
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
- Assist with identification of high-risk users (top executives and VIP users, users with 50 GB mailboxes or larger and/or 30 GB deleted folders or larger)
- Recreate new Outlook profile on all client workstations, if desktop version of Outlook is used
- Inform users about upcoming changes and provide the necessary information
Additional cost items not provided by the project #
- Informing users about upcoming changes
- Customer team training (could be added as an additional service)
- Migration of corporate documents to SharePoint Online (could be added as an additional service)
- Desktop software settings
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including evidence of matching acceptance criteria, outstanding issues, if any, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- You must have global admin level access to the source Office 365 tenant
- You must have global admin level access to the destination Office 365 tenant, with Exchange Online licenses available
- You must have access to your email domain DNS zone
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Pre-migration source system health check
- Creating users or configuring AD Connect tool
- Email migration start
- Verification of email migration
- Changing MX record to new Office 365 tenant
- Final email migration
- Post-migration tasks
Success criteria #
- Users can access Exchange Online on their desktop PCs, mobile phones, and tablets from any place, any time
- Old Office 365 tenant successfully migrated to new Office 365 tenant and is accessible by all users
- All necessary Transport rules are created and working
- Mail can be sent and received using Exchange Online
- Exchange Online Protection is configured and working
- No incoming message loss during the migration process
Business Process Automation (BPA) is an implementation of a business process management system with the help of IT. Such a system simplifies business operations, improves the quality of work, and reduces costs using modern and efficient technologies.
If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8 on PCs in your organization and want to perform an update to Windows 10 without user interruption, we can provide this service and perform a manual remote upgrade during non-working hours, keeping all compatible applications and all user files.