Office 365 Break/Fix Support (included for free with any O365 plan)category by product: Office 365
category by type: Managed Services
- Duration: recurring;
- Price: Free or $2 per user per month ($75 min);
- SKU: ITPWW190MSPRC;
With this service we combine the best of both worlds. Microsoft, as a vendor, provides a Managed Support services with sla for the services they sell through us – your IT Partner. And we (IT Partner) provide a free Break/Fix support service to help solve any problems that were not solved by Microsoft proactively, in advance.
- IT Partner responsibilities
- Client responsibilities
- Out of the scope of this service (additional cost items)
“It always make sense to have a Microsoft Gold Partner specializing on Office 365 / Dynamics 365 and Azure on your side…”
What is Break/Fix?
For IT services companies, break/fix is a method of providing IT support to customers. Service rely on a customer contacting the IT services company when repairs and fixes are needed. While break/fix usually works on a time-and-materials basis in which the contractor charges an hourly rate plus the cost of parts, there are some exceptions, like in this case, when we provide a service without cost if customer purchases their Microsoft Cloud subscriptions from us.
Break/fix vs. managed services
Break/fix is sometimes distinguished from managed IT services, an approach in which IT services companies take responsibility for customers’ IT systems and provide monitoring and management.
Whereas break/fix companies resolve their customers’ IT issues only when support is required, managed services providers (MSPs) take a proactive approach to prevent potential IT issues from disrupting business operations. MSPs generally use service-level agreement (SLA) contracts to guarantee the monitoring and management of customer IT systems at a flat monthly fee.
Break/fix support for Microsoft Cloud subscriptions
With this service we combine the best of both worlds. Microsoft, as a vendor, provides a Managed Support services with SLA for the services they sell through us – your IT Partner. And we (IT Partner) provide a free Break/Fix support service to help solve any problems that were not solved by Microsoft proactively, in advance. For example:
- We will help with proper escalation of important support tickets to Microsoft.
- With documenting and requesting a monetary compensation from Microsoft in case of any downtime of Office 365 services.
- Help with any problems related to Office 365 services, something is not working or not working as expected.
- Help with an urgent security-related problem, when some user accounts get compromised because of phishing or some other threat. We will help to localize the problem, stop the criminals from accessing your environment and help you understand what happened.
- Accidental information deletion. We will help with recovering of the lost data.
- Help with troubleshooting problems related to email flow, rules, etc. Email messages not being delivered or received.
Our objective is to fix any problems not proactively fixed by Microsoft.
IT Partner responsibilities
- Break-fix support
- Communication with Microsoft regarding any new or existing tickets
- Creation of new support tickets with Microsoft according to information we gathered while working on the issue with the Client.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete work
- Set up IT Partner as a delegated administrator for Client’s Azure AD tenant
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
Out of the scope of this service (additional cost items)
- Implementation of new features or capabilities
- Deployment and configuration of the new hardware or service