SharePoint Online - Migration with Metadatacategory by product: SharePoint Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 week;
- Price: $175 per hour;
- SKU: ITPWW230MIGOT;
Migration of files and folders from your File Share or a third-party service like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive to SharePoint Online with metadata saving.
- Client responsibilities
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
Managed Metadata is a hierarchical collection of centrally managed terms that you can define and then use as attributes for items in Microsoft SharePoint. It can be saved through migration. This service is applicable to migration from Google Drive, Box, DropBox, or OneDrive for Business.
Please note that if you need only file migration, see our other service.
Our objective is to organize a complete migration process for files and folders from your source to SharePoint Online with metadata saving. Project will be considered successful when all data has been migrated to SharePoint Online correctly.
Our responsibilities. First, we check files and folders for compatibility with SharePoint Online and help fix any errors. We then identify what structure we should use in your future SharePoint libraries and how to best classify your documents. For example, a contract for a project you’re doing for a client may be in a folder for that client. After classification and structuring, we start migration with metadata. When process is done, we verify files and structure and perform postmigration tasks.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete work
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
- Assist with identification of high risk users (top executives and VIP-users)
- Designate a specialist who will provide useful information about content design and structure, someone who understands all business-processes inside your company
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- training of customer team (could be added as an additional service)
- users’ folder migration (could be added as an additional service)
- mail server migration (cloud be added as an additional service)
- consulting and development for SharePoint (cloud be added as an additional service)
- desktop software settings
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be done for an additional fee.
Our tools, experience and practices provide the best migration experience for every project. We can migrate documents and collaboration files from any source to SharePoint Online.
- You must have an Office 365 tenant with SharePoint Online licenses.
- You must have admin access to your SharePoint or File Server.
- Plan site(s) structure and permission for SharePoint Online
May vary depending on your needs. 1. Kickoff meeting 2. Pre-migration source system health check 3. Start data migration 4. Verify data migration 5. Final 6. Post-migration tasks
- Users are able to access documents from SharePoint Online with their desktop PCs, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time
- All necessary rules created and working