SharePoint Online - Migration from SharePoint Servercategory by product: SharePoint Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 week;
- Price: $90 per hour;
- SKU: ITPWW240MIGOT;
Content migration from your own SharePoint Server or a third-party hosted SharePoint Server to SharePoint Online.
- Client responsibilities
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
With this service your own SharePoint Server could be fully migrated to the Microsoft Cloud. Please note, versions 2007 and earlier are not supported.
Our objective is complete migration from SharePoint Server to SharePoint Online. The project will be considered successful when all files, documents and design have been migrated and users start using SharePoint Online as a replacement for your own SharePoint.
Our responsibilities are to prepare the source environment for migration including saving library templates. We then create a SharePoint Online administrator or Site Collection administrator account to be used for migration. Before beginning the migration project, we create the structure of the document libraries as well as the actual document libraries on the Destination SharePoint Online site. The next step is to add the items that will be migrated to the third-party tool, configure the advanced project options and perform the migration. Upon completion, we start post-migration tasks like preventing users from inadvertently using the Source SharePoint libraries by decommissioning the Source SharePoint server, libraries, or user accounts.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete work
- Assist with the identification of high-risk users (top executives and VIP-users)
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- training of customer team
- users’ folder migration
- mail server migration
- consulting and development for SharePoint
- desktop software settings
- migration from SharePoint Server 2007 or older versions
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be done for an additional fee.
Our tools, experience and practices provide the best migration experience for every project. We can migrate documents and collaboration files from any source to SharePoint Online.
- You must have an Office 365 tenant with SharePoint Online licenses.
- You must have admin access to your SharePoint Server.
- Plan site(s) structure and permission for SharePoint Online
PlanMay vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Pre-migration source system health check
- Start data migration
- Verify data migration
- Post-migration tasks
- Users are able to access documents from SharePoint Online with their desktop PCs, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time
- All necessary rules created and working