Managed Backup and Backup-Restorecategory by product: Microsoft Azure
category by type: Implementation
- Duration: recurring;
- Price: $200;
- SKU: ITPWW200MSPRC;
Service to monitor and maintain the backup process and test-restore the protected data from time to time to check if everything is ok.
- IT Partner responsibilities
- Client responsibilities
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
Maintaining a backup and recovery solution is often less of a priority than production issues, especially if your plant lacks technical skills and/or time to implement an effective solution, but, when a critical data failure occurs, the value of a disaster recovery investment pays dividends.
This service helps to check backup and recovery status, to assess the strategy used to ensure your company can carry on its functions to a substantial degree in the face of a major adverse event. It not possible to do this without a strong recovery workflow that lays out the process of restoring information system functions to a degree that allows your company to carry out its functions at an acceptable level within an agreed upon timeframe.
Please note that, if you need to create and deploy backup services, we have another applicable service.
Our objective is to create the workflow for periodical tests of your backup and recovery process.
This project will be considered successful when your backup and recovery work without any issues.
IT Partner responsibilities
- Set up monitoring using appropriate tools so that the client gets an e-mail or alert through a pager or cell phone for any failed backups, which should be rerun as soon as possible.
- Review backup logs and backup catalog information periodically for any issues.
- Remove backups that are outside the organization’s retention policy.
- Validate and verify backups without doing actual restores.
- Backup restoration testing.
- Check how IT staff will assist business units with the information, communication and technology aspects of their disaster recovery plans.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Configure all networking equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Provide access to physical and virtual servers and/or systems and services, as needed. Provide remote and/or physical access to facility and systems required to complete work
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- Creating a backup plan
- Training for customer team
- Software updates and settings
Upon completion of this project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, this can be provided for an additional fee.
May vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Figuring out a backup and recovery plan
- Check stored copies
- Attempt recovery
- Verify and fix issues
You backup will be protected and you will be confident that, if something happens, you have a valid copy of your data.