Cutover G Suite to Office 365 migration. Just email and email folders.category by product: Exchange Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 week;
- Price: $3 per mailbox;
- SKU: ITPWW150MIGOT;
Migration of email data and email folders from G Suite (Google Apps) to Office 365 / Exchange Online.
- Things to consider
- Impact of migration to users
- IT Partner is responsible to
- Client is responsible to
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
Note: If you have contacts, tasks and calendars in your mailbox and you need to migrate this data in addition to your email messages and email folders then you need a different Service - G Suite to Office 365 migration with third party tools.
We can migrate the contents of user mailboxes from your source email system to Office 365. We will use the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) to migrate email when your source email system supports IMAP. Please note that only email and email folders will be migrated.
Things to consider
Here are a few limitations to be aware of: * We can only migrate items in a user’s inbox or other mail folders. This type of migration doesn’t migrate contacts, calendar items, or tasks. * We can migrate a maximum of 500,000 items from a user’s mailbox (emails are migrated from newest to oldest). * The biggest email we can migrate is 35 MB. * If you have limited the connections to your source email system, it’s a good idea to increase them to improve migration performance. Common connection limits include client/server total connections, per-user connections, and IP address connections on either the server or the firewall. * Regular non-paid Google Apps or Gmail accounts do not have administrative credentials. We will need to migrate these accounts using the individual user name and passwords for each account. Without admin credentials, your account may be temporarily locked by Google. * Google does not have a folder hierarchy for email, but rather a virtual view called Google Labels. Google Labels cannot be translated properly to other messaging systems. Even Google itself does not represent present Labels consistently. Messages are stored as a single instance within the Google mail store, though they may be shown under multiple labels within the web interface. When an IMAP client such as Outlook or your mobile device is connected to Google, the labels are presented as folders and an email with multiple labels will be downloaded multiple times, taking up additional storage.
Impact of migration to users
To migrate email, we need access to the user mailboxes in your source email system. If you know the user passwords or can access their mailboxes by using administrator credentials, there won’t be any impact to users until you shut down your source email system.
If you can’t access user mailboxes, you’ll have to reset the passwords. This lets you access the user mailboxes by using a new password that you know. If users don’t know the new passwords, they won’t be able to get to their old mailboxes during or after the email migration. You can distribute the new passwords after the migration, if you want users to get to their old mailboxes.
Our objective is to providing planning, design and migration from G Suite mailboxes to Office 365 tenant via IMAP protocol without downtime or lost data and with minimal user disruption.
A migration project will be considered successful if all mailboxes are moved to Office 365.
IT Partner is responsible to
- Hold a kickoff meeting to exchange contact info, plan milestones and discuss the project.
- Provide end-user communication templates.
- Check Google configuration.
- Add and verify your email domain(s) in Office 365.
- Create users either with .csv import or through AD sync.
- Start and manage email-migration.
- Verify email migration and stop email synchronization.
- Monitor DNS changes as they propagate over the Internet.
- Optimize email settings.
Client is responsible to
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules.
- Provide admin-level access to the source email system OR a list of users with individual passwords.
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required.
- Assist with identification of high risk users (top executives and VIP-users, users with mailboxes 50 GB or larger and/or deleted folders 30 GB or larger).
- Ensure IMAP Access is enabled for all users.
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- Informing users about the migration.
- Training of customer team (could be added as additional service).
- Migration of Corporate documents to SharePoint Online (could be added as additional service).
- Desktop software settings.
- Migration of anything except email and email folders.
- Anything not included in the responsibilities listed above.
Upon completion of the engagement, we will provide a Project Closeout Report. This document will indicate final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and final budget. If you want more extensive documentation, this can be provided for an additional fee.
Our migration solution has been proven through numerous implementations to yield high user satisfaction with Office 365 after switching from G Suite.
- You must have an Office 365 tenant with Exchange Online licenses available.
- You must have access to your email domain DNS zone.
- You must have admin access to your G Suite.
May vary depending on your needs. 1. Kickoff meeting. 2. Communicate changes to users. 3. Pre-migration health check of the source system. 4. Creating users or configuring AD connect tool. 5. Start email migration. 6. Verify email migration. 7. Begin routing email to Office 365. 8. Final email migration. 9. Post-migration tasks. 10. Send a welcome letter to users.
- Users can access Exchange Online from their desktop PC’s, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time.
- G Suite successfully migrated to new tenant Office 365 and accessible by all users.
- All necessary Transport rules created and working.
- Mail flows flawlessly to and from Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online Protection is configured and working.