Full Cutover G Suite to Office 365 Migrationcategory by product: Exchange Online
category by type: Migration
- Duration: 1 week;
- Price: $300 + $25 per mailbox;
- SKU: ITPWW140MIGOT;
G Suite (Google Apps) migration to Office 365. We will move all your mailboxes with calendars, tasks, contacts, and other information to Exchange Online. Files and documents from Google Drive to OneDrive for Business will be also migrated.
- IT Partner responsibilities
- Client responsibilities
- Additional cost items not provided by the project:
- Success criteria
Note that if you need only mailbox migration, you should order IMAP migration from G Suite to Office 365.
This migration occurs with the help of a special utility that allows to move any amounts of mail data, calendars, and other information in the shortest time, avoiding possible errors during manual data transfer.
Our objective is to provide a plan and design a way to migrate to Office 365 including email, contacts, calendars, tasks, files, and data. The project will be considered successful when all user data is fully migrated from Gmail and Google Drive to the Office 365 tenant.
IT Partner responsibilities
- Gather information and verify the original G Suite
- Configure the destination Office 365 tenant
- Create and configure users
- License assignment
- Create and configure a migration plan
- Provide informational messages for users
- Start and control the data migration process
- Provide a OneDrive (SharePoint) profile for each user being migrated
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner and coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
- Configure all network equipment such as load balancers, routers, firewalls, and switches
- Perform changes to internal and external DNS, as required
- Assist with identification of high-risk users (top executives and VIP-users, users with 50 GB mailboxes or larger and/or 30 GB deleted folders or larger)
- Ensure IMAP Access is enabled for all users
- Ensure contact and calendar services are turned on for all users
- Users should not modify any documents in their Google Drive accounts during the migration, because any modifications will not be included in the migration.
- End user support
Additional cost items not provided by the project:
- Customer team training (could be added as additional service).
- Corporate documents migration to SharePoint Online (could be added as additional service)
- Desktop software settings
Here are some limitations to be aware of:
- SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business have a limitation in file path length and file names. These limitations may cause issues during the migration from Google Drive. We may implement automatic solutions that can minimize such issues, but preparation is still an important part of the process
- The actual maximum of file path length within OneDrive for Business is 260 characters. However, library names, and usernames are included in that limit, so the actual file path could be much smaller than 260 characters long. Also, certain characters need to be encoded and reduce the available size even more
- File/folder name extension limitation
- There is a list of file extensions that are not allowed to be created inside of SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status including acceptance criteria matching, outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
This service offers a simple, secure and cost-effective way to migrate to Office 365 including email, contacts, calendars, tasks, files, and data.
- You must have an Office 365 tenant with Exchange Online licenses.
- You must have access to your email domain DNS zone.
- You must have admin access to G Suite.
- The Source must be a paid version of Google Drive. Free Google Drive accounts are not supported.
- The Destination must be OneDrive for Business, not a personal OneDrive version.
- Each user in the destination environment must be assigned to an SKU license that contains OneDrive for Business
- The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Pre-migration source system health check
- User creation or AD connect tool configuration
- Email and data migration start
- Migration process verification
- MX record to a new Office 365 tenant changing
- Final email and data migration
- Verification and fixing issues
- Users can access Exchange Online on their desktop PCs, mobile phones and tablets from any place, any time
- G Suite data successfully migrated to Office 365 tenant and accessible by all user profiles
- All necessary Transport rules created and working
- Mail can be sent and received using Exchange Online
- Exchange Online Protection configured and working