Windows Autopilot device deployment - turnkey servicecategory by product: Office 365
category by type: Implementation
- Duration: 3 days;
- Price: $1950;
- SKU: ITPWW290IMPOT;
Windows Autopilot is a collection of technologies used to set up and pre-configure new devices, getting them ready for productive use. You can also use Windows Autopilot to reset, repurpose and recover devices.
This service enables an IT department to achieve the above with little to no infrastructure to manage, with a process that’s easy and simple.
- IT Partner is responsible for
- Client is responsible for
- Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- Plan (May vary depending on your needs)
Deployment of devices with Windows Autopilot enables a number of capabilities for the deployment process and configuration of the devices deployed. These features transform the way that devices are deployed by enabling customization of the first boot experience and providing automated configuration of deployed devices. Windows Autopilot also enables benefits from the modern management solutions used with Windows Autopilot, such as:
- Presenting organization branding to users at the first prompt to log in via organization branding configured in AAD
- Automatic enrollment in Microsoft Intune or an alternate MDM solution with the configuration of automatic enrollment in AAD
- Device configuration, policies, and apps defined by Intune or an alternate MDM solution begin applying to a device immediately upon the first logon, setting up the device for the user to begin working with and using the device
Our objective is being devices configured and ready to work for your users without requiring reimaging of the device, access to on-network resources, or even physical presence in your organization’s buildings or offices.
Project will be considered successful when the deployment will be configured to complete without any additional questions and to bring the user directly to a login prompt.
IT Partner is responsible for
Please note: We do not require administrative access to the customers AAD or MDM environment to register devices.
- Assistance with purchasing the Autopilot-compatible devices. One-time purchase or DaaS model.
- Gathering device IDs and registering Devices with Windows Autopilot
- Creating and Managing Autopilot Profiles
- Windows automatic enrollment setup
- Help to educate your end users about Microsoft Intune
Client is responsible for
Deployment of devices with Windows Autopilot requires the following:
- Azure Active Directory (AAD) Premium (P1 or P2) – Required to automatically enroll devices in MDM and for users to use their organizational credentials to log into the device. To configure devices for MDM auto-enrollment.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) such as Microsoft Intune – Required to deploy apps and configure devices enrolled in Windows AutoPilot over the cloud
- Office 365 ProPlus (ProPlus, E3, or E5) – Required for deployment of Microsoft Office to devices enrolled in Windows AutoPilot over the cloud
- Windows 10 version 1703 or higher. The following editions are supported:
- Pro Education
- Pro for Workstations
These requirements are also met by the following:
- Enterprise Management and Security (EM+S) (E3 or E5) – includes Azure Active Directory Premium and Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise (E3 or E5) – includes Enterprise Management and Security, Azure Active Directory Premium, Microsoft Intune, and Office 365 ProPlus
- Microsoft 365 Business – (excluding Office 365 Business which can’t be configured by Windows Autopilot – Office ProPlus is required for that) and a select set of Azure Active Directory Premium and Microsoft Intune features to support Windows Autopilot deployment
Out of the scope of this project (additional cost items)
- Devices (check our Device as a Service offering)
- Software licenses and cloud subscriptions
- Training of customer teams (could be added as additional service)
- Migration of documents and mailboxes to Microsoft 365 / Office 365
Upon completion of the engagement, we will provide a Project Closeout Report. This document will indicate final project status including evidence of meeting acceptance criteria, outstanding issues and final budget. If you want more extensive documentation – this can be provided for an additional fee.
Plan (May vary depending on your needs)
- Hold a kickoff meeting to exchange contact info, plan milestones and discuss the project.
- Creating and Managing Autopilot Profiles
- Applying an Autopilot Profile to Devices
- Additional software&settings configuring
- Verifying project scope
- Post implementation tasks
The resulting configuration is a deployment solution that can keep pace with dynamic modern environments that leverage the best of what Microsoft technologies like Microsoft 365 and Enterprise Management and Security can offer.