This service will allow you to migrate Azure AD data from one tenant to another. We can transfer:
- Virtual machines
Transferring of each resource requires studying its involvement in the workflow, downtime requirements, the load on the resource, and its size. We will analyze all the resources used and, depending on your needs, we will prepare a plan for the migration of data and resources, minimizing negative effects of the transfer process on the work of employees or other services.
The various resources hosted in Azure require individual changes and have individual configuration features; this will be considered during the creation of a migration plan.
External applications that use Azure resources but are not hosted there will need to be reconfigured to use the new data.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Data analysis of the source tenant and the resources hosted in it
- Preparation of a migration plan, including a list of resources, transfer features, and planned time costs for the transfer
- Transfer of data and resources according to the prepared plan
- Consultation on technical issues related to the work of Azure AD
Client responsibilities #
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Provide administrative access to source and destination tenants
- Provide the necessary data to access transferred resources
- Approve the provided migration plan and participate in its improvement, in case the initial version does not suit the client
- Workstation setup, if necessary
- Configure third-party applications, if necessary
- Configure specific or self-made software, if necessary
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
Additional cost items not provided by the project #
- Migration of other data from Azure, such as Azure AD (can be purchased as an additional service)
- Resource sharing setup between the source tenant and the destination tenant
- Workstation setup
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including acceptance criteria matching, outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- You have administrative access to the source tenant
- You have administrative access to the destination tenant and licenses similar to the source tenant, or you are ready to purchase them
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Providing the necessary access to the resources in the source tenant by the client
- Source tenant data analysis
- Preparation and coordination of the migration plan
- Data migration according to the developed plan
- Verification and fixing issues
Success Criteria #
- Migration plan provided and confirmed by the Client
- Data and resources migrated according to the migration plan
Microsoft Cloud App Security is a comprehensive solution for providing IT security with cloud services in a company of any size.
Azure Active Directory migration from one Office 365 tenant to another. Usually, you will need this type of migration when a company merges or acquires another company, or you would like to migrate to a different geographic region.