Azure AD Tenant-to-Tenant migration will allow you to transfer Azure AD data from one tenant to another. We can move users and groups, saving all current logins. Please note that export of passwords from Azure AD is impossible, so saving the current user passwords will not work. The users will be assigned a temporary password they can enter in the new tenant and create their own permanent password.
This service involves a cut-over migration, during which all data will be exported from the source tenant and uploaded to a new one. After that, all employees will need to reconfigure their devices if they are using Azure AD authorization. It is also necessary to configure applications and other services that use Azure AD. This option is suitable for companies with a small number of employees and resources in Azure.
You may also want to consider the staged data migration, which will allow employees to use resources in one tenant and passing authorization in another.
IT Partner responsibilities #
- Source tenant data analysis
- Providing informational messages for users
- Export of data from the source tenant
- Uploading data to a destination tenant
- Consultation on technical issues related to the work of Azure AD
Client responsibilities #
- Coordinate Client resources and staff schedules
- Provide a dedicated point of contact responsible for working with IT Partner
- Coordinate any outside vendor resources and schedules
- Provide administrative access to source and destination tenants
- Change settings of applications using Azure AD, if any
- Notify users about changes
- Change PC settings if Azure AD authorization is used
- Review and approve engagement deliverables in a timely manner
Additional cost items not provided by the project #
- Migration of other data from Azure, such as applications, mail, virtual machines, and databases (can be purchased as an additional service)
- Resource sharing setup between the source tenant and the destination tenant
- Workstation configuration. Please note that if employees use Azure AD authorization on their PCs, they will need to disconnect from the current tenant and connect to a new one; a new user profile will be created as a result. Services for PC setup and transferring data stored in a user profile can be purchased as an additional service.
Upon completion of the project, we will provide a project closeout report. This document will indicate the final project status, including acceptance criteria matching, outstanding issues, and the final budget. If you require more extensive documentation, it can be provided for an additional fee.
- You have administrative access to the source tenant
- You have administrative access to the destination tenant and licenses similar to the source tenant, or you are ready to purchase them
The plan may vary depending on your needs.
- Kickoff meeting
- Source tenant data analysis
- Preparing for migration and informing users
- Exporting data from the source tenant and uploading data to a destination tenant
- Verification and fixing issues
Success Criteria #
- All users and groups are migrated from the source tenant to the destination tenant without data loss
- It is possible to authorize all users in the new domain
Azure Active Directory migration from one Office 365 tenant to another. Usually, you will need this type of migration when a company merges or acquires another company, or you would like to migrate to a different geographic region.